A patriotic treat that’s sure to be a hit at the 4th of July party or the next BBQ.
Made with lower glycemic ingredients it’s a perfect light treat for summer!
* 1 1/2 cups of blanched almond flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Swerve (erythritol)
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon coconut flour
* 1/2 cup reduced sugar raspberry jam
* fresh blueberries for topping
* 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
* 2 teaspoons swerve
* 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
* 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
* Optional: sliced almonds
*1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
*2 For crust, in a small bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt and set aside.
*3 In a medium bowl whisk together the melted coconut oil, swerve, and vanilla. Then whisk the coconut flour in with the water.
*4 Stir the almond flour mixture into the batter mixture. Mix until well combined dough, will be crumbly but should be moist enough that it sticks together when you pinch it, press the dough into the bottom of the pan to form crust.
* 5 Bake the crust for 5-6 minutes just until it rises a bit. Remove from the oven, but do not turn oven off, spoon the jam over the hot crust and spread out evenly making sure to leave about a 1/4 inch of the bare crust on all sides this prevents the jam from seeping under the crust.
* 6 For the crumb topping in the same bowl used for the crust. Pour in melted coconut oil and swerve.
*7 Stir in the almond flour and shredded coconut until it is crumbly. Use your fingers to sprinkle the crumble topping over the jam then evenly scattered sliced almonds across the top gently press into the crumble topping. Top with blueberries.
*8 Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes until crumble topping is light golden brown, cool completely. Then transfer to the refrigerator to chill, about 2 to 3 hours.
* 9 Once cooled remove from pan and store in the refrigerator or freezer.